Who We Are
What is Eager Readers?
Eager Readers is a research-based, early literacy program for young children (aged 4 to 9). Children attend one 30- or 45-minute lesson per week and are taught in a small group setting (no more than 4 in a class) to ensure individual attention.
The program consists of sequential modules of varying levels. Children are assessed before they start to determine class placement in the appropriate module. Classes run during term time; each new term the children can re-enrol to move up to the next module of instruction.
Who is Eager Readers For?
Eager Readers is appropriate for children aged 4 to 9 who are:
- Pre-school aged children who will be attending formal schooling the next year
- Children in Kindergarten
- Children who are ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Children who are non-readers
- Children who are early readers
Who Teaches Eager Readers?
Experience and education make the difference for your child. Eager Readers was developed and is taught by Tara Shaver, a qualified Reading Specialist. Tara has the following qualifications and experience:
– Master of Education in ESL (English as a Second Language)
– Bachelor of Education, specialising in Reading and Early Childhood
– Experience teaching in both public and private schools in Canada, USA, UK and Australia
– Reading Specialist / Reading Recovery Teacher
– ESL Teacher
– Primary Class Teacher